Off season/Weekend Workout
At home off season/weekend workout:
This program is designed to assist athletes with their quickness, agility and explosiveness. It is a fast paced high intensity workout that can take anywhere from 10 – 12 minutes to complete. This is a program that should be routinely completed for 8 – 12 weeks to see the full benefits of the program. This program can be practiced anywhere, so don’t make excuses! The results will be noticeable.
This workout should be completed 2 – 4 days a week depending on how intense your current routine is. Allow enough time for rest and recovery. Complete each set and rep as quickly as possible, with the mindset of becoming faster and stronger. Chart each day’s numbers to track your success.
Get competitive and find someone to workout with for optimal results.
- Warm up – light skipping, stretch and ensure you are warm and ready to do work!
- Rope Skipping – 4 sets: 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off set 1: two feet – set 2: right foot, left foot – set 3: right foot only set 4: left foot only – optional set: double skips
- Bench Jumps – 4 sets: 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off (if bench is not available, use pylon or other small object you can easily and quickly jump from side to side)
- Speed Jumps – 2 sets: 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off Choose an object to reach for (i.e. mesh, backboard, ceiling, goal post or anything that would be a challenge to touch with a jump. The goal of the exercise is to jump up and down as quickly as possible, spending the least amount of time on your feet and toes. As soon as you touch the floor explode off the ground and jump again.
- X – Jumps– 2 sets: 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off Make 5 spots on the floor approximately one foot away from each other ( as shown below ). Start with the left foot on spot 1 and the right foot on spot 2. Start the exercise by bringing both feet to spot 3 and then jumping again so that the left foot is on spot 4 and the right foot is on spot 5. Jump backwards so both feet land on spot 3, and another backwards jump so your left lands on spot 1 and the right foot lands on spot 2. Repeat as many times as possible during the 15 seconds. Be precise and build your speed up.
- Stair Jumps – 1 set for each variation (jump up and down off a raised platform or all the way up a flight of stairs.)
- 1 step jumps (two feet) – 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off
- 1 step jumps (right foot) – 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off
- 1 step jumps (left foot) – 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off